While most of us tell people we live in the Hilton Head area, as it seems more widely known, the tide may be changing. In recent years, the Town of Bluffton has grown in size and stature and has provided a unique gathering place in its Old Town center.
If you haven’t visited the charming galleries and shops, dined at some of the amazing restaurants sprouting up everywhere, or participated in the Thursday Farmer’s Market and other festivals and events, be sure to put Old Town Bluffton on your calendar during your next visit. There is always something going on to be enjoyed by locals and visitors of all ages.
I thought you might like to see a little of what others are saying about our unique community. Here are some Bluffton accolades and distinctions that I received in a recent message from mayor, Lisa Sulka.
- Forbes Magazine named Bluffton one of the Top 25 U.S. Cities for Retirement (2014).
- Family Circle Magazine featured Town Councilman Larry Toomer, his family and his family business, Bluffton Oyster Company (June 2014).
- Southern Living Magazine selected Bluffton as the site for its 2014 Idea House.
- The Huffington Post named Bluffton its #1 destination for its list, “Ten Amazing Non-Beach Alternatives for a Summer Getaway” (2014).
- NerdWallet, a consumer advisory web-based company, named Bluffton one of the ten “Cities on The Rise in South Carolina,” (2014).
- NerdWallet also named Bluffton one of the ten “Top Cities for Homeownership in South Carolina,” (2014).
- Bluffton’s Farmers Market was named “Most Celebrated Farmers Market in South Carolina,” by American Farmland Trust (2013, 2012).
- Bluffton’s Farmers Market was named 11th best in nation by American Farmland Trust (2013).
- Bluffton’s Highway 46 designated a “South Carolina Scenic Byway,” by the South Carolina Department of Transportation (2012).
- Don Ryan Center for Innovation/Clemson Technology Village, Bluffton was the first non-metropolitan town in South Carolina to partner with Clemson University to form a private-public Technology Village, or business incubator. (2014)